Sunday, May 9, 2010

Tomato Overload!

This past Saturday was both the Horticultural Society of Parkdale and Toronto's annual plant sale and the You Grow Girl plant swap. My intentions were good- I had my eye on a couple plants from the Hort sale and had arranged with the YGGers to swap a few of my extras for a few things I was missing. I did not intend on coming home with 20 more tomato plants, but somehow I did...

On top of that, we are having unseasonably cool weather- we saw snow yesterday and a frost warning last night. So all of my fragile tomatoes who had been happily living outdoors for weeks had to be brought back inside. This is what 50+ tomato plants ( plus a few friends) looks like inside.

For those of you keeping count, that's 11 on the windowsill,


13 on the bookshelf


6 on the table


13 on the kitchen windowsill


12 on the dryer


and one on the shelf


Won't it be nice when they look like this?

No comments:

Post a Comment