Friday, February 5, 2010

Things a bubbling!



Lots of stuff keeping me busy right now!

February is round two of the CanJam and the secret ingredient this month is Carrots!
Colette and I were eager to get started and we had a brilliant idea- something we imagined would be as amazing as our pickled lemons! Found the perfect recipe, gathered all the ingredients, whipped up a batch... and the results are, well, lets just say they're not quite what we were hoping for but definitely interesting! If you want to know more, you'll have to come back for the official Canjam post - the deadline this month is Friday Feb 19.

If you're like me you're already itching to get planting in this summer's garden. Nevermind that the ground is still frozen solid, Feb is the perfect time to make plans and start seedling trays. I'll be starting my pepper seeds in a week or so- they take the longest to germinate so it's good to get an early start. I'm also drooling over seed catalogues and making lists of everything I'd like to grow this year. One great place to get some ideas (and seeds!) in Toronto is Seedy Sunday. This year it's on Sunday, Feb. 21st, 12:30 - 6pm at the Wychwood Art Barns, 601 Christie Street, Barn 2. Bring seeds for trading, money for buying and bags to carry it all home!



We'd Tap That! The maple syrup project is coming together nicely. We'd had great response from all kinds of sources and looks like the pilot project will begin towards the end of Feb, with plans for a Sugaring Off party sometime in March.

You can read more about it here:
http://www.notfarfromthetree.org/archives/1116

Or listen to Laura Reinsborough talk about it on Metro Morning here:
http://www.cbc.ca/metromorning/2010/01/28/

Here's our amazing logo designed by Gregory Alan Elliott!

I can smell the sap boiling already!

1 comment:

  1. As soon as I saw the picture of the carrots I thought "whoops". I made that same mistake last summer. I thought it would be so pretty to have jars of multicolored carrots on the shelf. I still have one pink jar left. This month I am doing spicy carrots and I will stick with the orange variety.

    ReplyDelete