Saturday, September 12, 2009

New home, new garden.



Nov 1, 2008 we moved to a new apt, not far from the previous one. Although we weren't thrilled with moving, the new place offered a few bonuses that the previous one didn't-a heated, south facing sunporch, a large deck, and an actual backyard! The yard even came with a loosely defined garden so although it was late in the year, one of the first things I did was dig up as many of of the plants from my previous gardens that I thought might survive and trek them over to the new place. I dug up the rose and clematis, the magenta violets, echinacea, rubekia and the lilies. The rose was especially challenging since it had grown to over 10ft tall; I was forced to prune it back to a more manageable 5 ft and it lost a lot of roots.It resembled a bundle of dead sticks once I replanted it.Picking spots somewhat at random. I dug them all in and hoped for the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment